Water Softener Facts and Benefits:
It has been estimated that 85% of homes in the United States have hard water.
Hard water is defined as any water supply that contains excess minerals or metals, such as calcium and iron.
Generally speaking, hard water is safe for everyday use, however it can cause a number of problems.
Water softeners are used to dilute, and even remove mineral concentrations in hard water.
Ultimately, this offers you, the homeowner, a variety of benefits.
- Easier Cleaning- Soft water allows cleaning agents to rinse off with ease resulting in cleaner dishes, showers, and bathtubs.
- Extended Appliance Life- The minerals and metals found in hard water can build up in plumbing over time leading to a decrease in efficiency and a shorter usable life. Just think of the money you’ll save when you get more use out of your hot water heater, washing machine, dishwasher, ice maker, coffee maker, and plumbing. Basically, if the machine uses water, it will last longer!
- Faster Water Heating- Water softeners can improve efficiency of hot water heaters by 22% for electric powered units and 29% for gas units. Ultimately, this results in lower utility bills.
- Better Shower Experience- Soft water allows for a much more rich lathering of your soaps and shampoos which has been shown to decrease use by 75%. Additionally, many people report softer hair and skin after the installation of a water softener.
- Cleaner Clothes- Clothing will stay softer without hard minerals becoming trapped in them. Your whites will also stay white and not slowly turn grey after a number of washes.
- Environmentally Friendly- Having a water softener in the home reduces greenhouse gases equivalent to removing one SUV from the road for one year. On top of that, because soft water doesn’t leave residue like hard water, you’ll put fewer chemical based cleaners down the drain.
For more on the benefits of soft water, click here to open a new window with a PDF document detailing a study from the Water Quality Association.
Fleck Water Softeners
For more than 50 years, the Fleck Corporation (headquartered in Minnesota) has offered the widest selection water treatment products in the industry.
Their commitment to designing and producing quality, reliable products is the reason it is the only brand of water softener installed by Zabadal Inc.
Reverse Osmosis Systems:
Reverse osmosis is a water treatment process that forces water through an extremely fine membrane to remove 99% of any dissolved minerals, metals, and even bacteria and viruses!
As the purified water passes through the membrane it is collected in a storage container to remove and reject up to 99% of impurities and contaminants from water.
If you are concerned about the quality, taste, odor and/or levels of dissolved minerals in your drinking water, then call Zabadal today to set up an appointment to discuss your specific needs.
Here’s a diagram to give you a better idea of the filtering capabilities of a reverse osmosis system, which can filter particles as small as .001 microns:
And here’s a picture of one of the Reverse Osmosis Systems manufactured by Pentair Residential Filtration, LLC, the company that, we feel, offers the best value in the industry: